So this recipe normally calls for the use of cooking oil... but i simply used olive oil because i didn't have any. Turned out good anyways.
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 egg whites (slightly beaten)
2 mashed bananas (make sure they are really ripe, browning)
3/4 cup sugar
1/4 cup olive oil
Non-stick spray to coat the muffin tin
+ Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Begin by mixing the dry ingredients, flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt together in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix the egg whites, banana, sugar, and oil. Incorporate the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients. Stir the batter until moistened.
- Spray a 6-muffin tin with non-stick coating and evenly distribute the batter into the pan.
- Bake in oven for approx 25 minutes or until a wooden toothpick comes out clean from the center of a muffin.
- Cool the muffins for 10 mins in pan and then completely thereafter on a wire rack.
Makes 6 plump muffins.